Quantock Online

Alms Houses

Alms houses in Goathurst
Almshouses in Goathurst

The Almshouses were built in 1780 on the site of an earlier poorhouse. The house was built by Sir Charles Kemeys-Tynte "and given to the use of the poor for ever". The building was sold in 1953 and divided into two private homes, Dorford House and the Almonry.



Back |